SFUSD does not manage retirement or pension resources in-house, but you can view pension information in your Employee File.
SFUSD employees are eligible for retirement benefits through two entities.
- SFERS is the retirement system for Classified Civil Service employees.
- Certificated employees use the CalSTRS retirement system.
- Note: Paraeducators do not have access to a pension, only to Social Security.
Classified employees should reach out to SFERS directly with any questions you have about your retirement eligibility and pension.
- How do I view my CalSTRS information in EMPowerSF?
- myCalSTRS Online Resource
- CalSTRS Member Services Centers
- CalSTRS Retirement Calculators
- SFERS (San Francisco Employees Retirement System)
- Social Security Admin
- HSS Retiree Benefits Guide