Effective April 3, 2023 (for Monthly) and April 7, 2023 (for Bi-Weekly), Sick Leave for All is now a time-off pay code and accrual bucket in EMPowerSF Time & Attendance. Between December 21st, 2022 to March 28, 2023, employees may not have been paid for time off that would have otherwise been entitled to payment via Sick Leave for All.
- If you are a SLFA-eligible employee (see below) and have all the records of your time off, you can request to retroactively use it on a date that is 90 days past the current date of your request.
- Bi-weekly paid employees should submit the Sick Leave for All Time Off Request via EMPowerSF. Here are the steps to request time off.
- Monthly paid employees that would like to request "Sick Leave for All" for any date between 1/3/23 through 1/20/23 must submit the time off request through this separate Google Form: Retro SLFA for Monthly EEs. We urge you to submit the request by 4/7/23 for timely processing.
- Monthly paid employees requesting "Sick Leave for All" for 2/21/23 and onwards can submit a time off request via EMPowerSF, similar to bi-weekly paid employees. Here are the steps to request time off.
- If you are amending on someone's behalf, you can follow the steps to amend the timesheet.
- In Time & Attendance, go to Edit Employee Time.
- Go to the date for which SLFA will be applied.
- Select the Sick Leave for All pay code and enter it directly into the employee's timesheet. Enter the number of hours in the hours column.
Note: SLFA is being loaded for employees in the following classifications who do not have another position at SFUSD which qualifies them for sick time:
- 0713 - Early Ed Subs
- 0758 - Prop A Subs
- 0761 - Day-to-Day subs
- 3594 - Para Childrens Center Subs
- 3594S - Para Childrens Center Subs SpEd
- 3593N - Noon Monitors
If you have another position at SFUSD through which you have sick time, you must request time off through the other position.