The new Recruitment and Onboarding modules in EMPowerSF went live in January 2021. The system allows managers to assign Proxy Rights - giving them the ability to assign anybody from their team to have all their permissions as a hiring manager in order to move candidates through the talent pipeline. For someone to have Proxy Rights, the hiring manager must first assign the designee as a proxy. The following are the steps to assign a proxy:
- Click on the User Account Navigation icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Proxy from the Setting menu. The Proxy menu will be displayed.
- Click the Assign Proxy link. The Add Proxy screen will display.
- Enter the name of the designee in the “Find User” search box.
- Click the module that applies: "Recruiting".
- Click Save. The system will display a confirmation message.
- Click OK. The system will display the name of the designee in the “Granted Proxy Rights” grid.
- To end the proxy rights, click the red X (delete) next to the user’s name on the right side of the screen.
The system allows two (2) proxies per site for the Recruiting module and some hiring managers can assign clerks to serve these roles. There are no proxy rights to assign in the Onboarding module.
Activities that clerks can perform as proxy
Activities that clerks should not perform as proxy
Upload interview notes
Print the “Print and Go” pack
Move a candidate to a certain status upon manager’s request
Conduct reference checks
*Clerks may only rate candidates if they are an official member of the hiring committee. They may also input rating information on the hiring manager’s behalf if requested by the manager.