The time off request panel within Workforce facilitates a seamless notification, approval, and compensation process between the employee and the manager. Any bank that an employee can charge a work day to will be in the time off request panel, even if it’s not accrued. For example, the 18 PD Hours bank is a time off request type, even if it’s not time off.
There are different types of time off requests for every employee group, and it is automatically generated by the system. Follow the steps below to use any of the time off types in your timesheet.
Log into empowersf.sfusd.edu using your SFUSD Google account.
Click on the Time & Attendance tile to get to Workforce Time & Attendance.
- Click My Time Off under the Schedules panel
- The Create Time Off screen is displayed. Click the Create New Request icon.
- The first option is for extended or long-term leaves of absence such as Parental, FMLA or Military. The second option is for time off (i.e. illness, vacation, bereavement, etc.). Click the Continue button to proceed.
- Select the Time Off Type from the dropdown menu. Then, select the start and end date and enter comments. Users may also upload attachments (if relevant). To enter specific hours, click Hours.
- Click Submit once you are done. Once the request is approved by the supervisor, the pay codes and hours are defaulted into the timesheet for the selected day(s).
Note: There is no way for an employee to report sick time directly on the timesheet. It must go through the time off request process.